Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mothers Day... Sewing Room Interview

Sewing Room Interview for May 2015.... In honor of Mothers Day and because she is MY Mom, I decided to feature Marilyn Johnson in this months Sewing Room Interview...



This is my Mom... isn't she adorable? This is her favorite spot in the summer time. Just sitting out on the back deck with her doggie, Daisy and a good read .... and well sometimes, my Dad.

I informed my Father what I was doing and he suggested that I post his picture as well because although he doesn't quilt he has done some hand stitching ( which after much hand gesturing and charade type guessing we figure must have been some sort of  a crude form of embroidery!) So there he is in all his awesomeness!

Q- What is your favorite thing in your sewing room?
A-My sewing machine and serger!

Q- What is the most annoying thing about your sewing room?
A- It's just too squishy!... 

And because her sewing room is too squishy she tends to spread out a little... Ironing is set up in the dining room, she has the coolest antique ironing board that I think was a wedding gift to my grandparents. Note the pile of little green and white sundresses being sewn for charity.

The dining room sewing machine...

The sewing room sewing machines...



Q-What is the "thing" in your sewing room that you can't live without?
A- My good scissors!!

Q- What is your current project?
A- Sewing clothes for the children of Vanuatu.

Q- Are you a movie, music, or silent sewer?
A- I like to have the TV on for some noise.

Q-Where are you from, and is quilting a part of your heritage?
A- I am from Idaho, and yes, my grandmother quilted as did my mother and mother in law.

Q- What started you in quilting?
A- Watching my Mom quilt.

Q- How long have you been quilting?
A- Gosh! 50 years? Since I was a teenager, I started out by tying quilts.

Q- What is your favorite quilting room snack?
A- I'm not a snacker I'm a diet dew drinker!

Tell us something that might surprise us... I was a school teacher for many, many, years! Also I spent time in Peru on a service mission and I currently serve at the LDS Conference Center.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Harris Community Center Project April 2024